Send a Flat "You" to Arizona for Spring Break!
Don't you wish you could have a traveling adventure on April break? How would a vacation to sunny Arizona sound?
The Hubbard Library can't send you there, but we've done the next best thing - we have partnered with the Parker Public Library in Parker, AZ for a Flat Stanley Exchange Program! Taking inspiration from Jeff Brown's beloved Flat Stanley stories, we will send flat friends made by Ludlow kids to the library in Parker Arizona, who will send them home with their patrons to take part in the family's adventures and activities. They'll send flat friends here for you to show around Ludlow and have adventures with!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Pick up a flat person kit and journal from the library between March 15th-April 2nd
- Design your flat person, and answers the questions in the journal about them
- Bring your flat person and journal back to the library by April 5th at the latest so they can be sent to Arizona
- Pick up your visiting flat friend from the library between April 14th-April17th
- Take them to all your favorite things and show them what its like to live in Ludlow, MA!
- Document your Arizona flat friend's adventures by taking photos and writing in their journal - we're hoping to post lots of photos on our Facebook page!
- Bring your Arizona flat friend back to the library between April 29th-31st so we can send them back home
- Pick up your own flat friend from the library on May 8th or later
(note: some dates are estimates and may vary depending on delivery from the US Postal Service)
11:00am - 11:30am
Monday morning storytime!
Meet Youth Services librarian July each Monday morning for 30 minutes of funny, informative, engaging stories, finger-plays, songs and games!
This is a hybrid program: the program will take place on the library lawn when weather and safety allow, with equipment set up during the live event for those who wish to participate virtually; the program will happen only via Zoom when needed due to weather or safety.
For safety reasons, registration is required. If the program is happening virtually, please note that REGISTRATION CLOSES 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE PROGRAM BEGINS. You will receive an email with a private, secure link to participate via Zoom.In order to participate You will need a device with a camera & microphone in order to participate. In order to maintain internet safety, we require registration so that we can send you a private link and a password to get into the session, and will send you a new link and password each week.