Send a Flat "You" to Arizona for Spring Break!
Don't you wish you could have a traveling adventure on April break? How would a vacation to sunny Arizona sound?
The Hubbard Library can't send you there, but we've done the next best thing - we have partnered with the Parker Public Library in Parker, AZ for a Flat Stanley Exchange Program! Taking inspiration from Jeff Brown's beloved Flat Stanley stories, we will send flat friends made by Ludlow kids to the library in Parker Arizona, who will send them home with their patrons to take part in the family's adventures and activities. They'll send flat friends here for you to show around Ludlow and have adventures with!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Pick up a flat person kit and journal from the library between March 15th-April 2nd
- Design your flat person, and answers the questions in the journal about them
- Bring your flat person and journal back to the library by April 5th at the latest so they can be sent to Arizona
- Pick up your visiting flat friend from the library between April 14th-April17th
- Take them to all your favorite things and show them what its like to live in Ludlow, MA!
- Document your Arizona flat friend's adventures by taking photos and writing in their journal - we're hoping to post lots of photos on our Facebook page!
- Bring your Arizona flat friend back to the library between April 29th-31st so we can send them back home
- Pick up your own flat friend from the library on May 8th or later
(note: some dates are estimates and may vary depending on delivery from the US Postal Service)
10:30am - 11:00am
Sing With Me, wherever you are!
If you have a little one who loves music, this program is for you! Join us for a half-hour of adult-&-child singing, clapping, and stomping along to favorite kids’ songs; the program will take place on the library lawn when weather and safety allow with equipment set up during the live event for those who wish to participate virtually; the program will happen only via Zoom when needed. Parents & caregivers, please stay with your little ones as this is a program for both of you!
4:00pm - 4:40pm
Meet Youth Services librarian July for tales about real people who have led funny, fascinating, and inspiring lives! Biographical stories presented in picture book form are the hot new genre, and we’ll get inspired & entertained (& maybe even educated, shhh!) as we spend 30-40 minutes “walking a mile” in different people’s shoes each week! Recommended for ages 5-8.
6:30pm - 7:30pm
Join us to discuss the film "Dr. Strangelove"
Our movie club meets monthly to watch and discuss a movie. Due to COVID-19, our movie club has moved online until further notice. Contact the library to obtain a copy of the DVD and watch it in advance of the meeting, then join in to discuss and socialize with the group. You need not be a club member to attend, but you must register to obtain the meeting link and password. As always, this event is free.
Phone in option is available.
View the trailer here.