Pick up a book about sleep or dreams, & get a complete take-home craft kit!
The Hubbard Library Youth Room is offering a monthly book and craft pairing program; check out a book about our theme of the month, and take home everything you need to make an accompanying craft!
This month we're making ultra soft knotted fringe pillows (with no sewing needed), paired with books about sleep and dreams!
After we receive your registration, we will send you a list of available books about the theme. Write back with your selection (or let us know your child's age and ask for a book bundle - 7-10 books on the theme already packaged up by age level) and when you pick your selection up from our curbside delivery service, you'll also get a kit that contains everything you need to make this lovely craft! If you need enough for multiple children, just let us know!
Please click below to register. Call (413)583-3408 x2 to schedule your curbside delivery appointment.
Send a Flat "You" to Arizona for Spring Break!
Don't you wish you could have a traveling adventure on April break? How would a vacation to sunny Arizona sound?
The Hubbard Library can't send you there, but we've done the next best thing - we have partnered with the Parker Public Library in Parker, AZ for a Flat Stanley Exchange Program! Taking inspiration from Jeff Brown's beloved Flat Stanley stories, we will send flat friends made by Ludlow kids to the library in Parker Arizona, who will send them home with their patrons to take part in the family's adventures and activities. They'll send flat friends here for you to show around Ludlow and have adventures with!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Pick up a flat person kit and journal from the library between March 15th-April 2nd
- Design your flat person, and answers the questions in the journal about them
- Bring your flat person and journal back to the library by April 5th at the latest so they can be sent to Arizona
- Pick up your visiting flat friend from the library between April 14th-April17th
- Take them to all your favorite things and show them what its like to live in Ludlow, MA!
- Document your Arizona flat friend's adventures by taking photos and writing in their journal - we're hoping to post lots of photos on our Facebook page!
- Bring your Arizona flat friend back to the library between April 29th-31st so we can send them back home
- Pick up your own flat friend from the library on May 8th or later
(note: some dates are estimates and may vary depending on delivery from the US Postal Service)
4:00pm - 4:40pm
Meet Youth Services librarian July for tales about real people who have led funny, fascinating, and inspiring lives! Biographical stories presented in picture book form are the hot new genre, and we’ll get inspired & entertained (& maybe even educated, shhh!) as we spend 30-40 minutes “walking a mile” in different people’s shoes each week! Recommended for ages 5-8.
6:00pm - 7:00pm
Make a St. Paddy's Day Irish feast
Serve up some Irish stew and Irish soda muffins with the live guidance of Master Chef Rob Scott. Register well in advance for this virtual class and you will be sent an ingredients list so that you may shop for your groceries to be able to cook along with Chef Rob during the virtual class.
VIRTUAL ESCAPE ROOM!
Use your wits, work with others, and solve the clues to escape from Mount Olympus! Fans of Greek mythology or Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson books will especially love this game, but anyone can play and have fun!
You will need an device with a microphone and a camera to play this game.
Please click below to register.