Pick up a book about sleep or dreams, & get a complete take-home craft kit!
The Hubbard Library Youth Room is offering a monthly book and craft pairing program; check out a book about our theme of the month, and take home everything you need to make an accompanying craft!
This month we're making ultra soft knotted fringe pillows (with no sewing needed), paired with books about sleep and dreams!
After we receive your registration, we will send you a list of available books about the theme. Write back with your selection (or let us know your child's age and ask for a book bundle - 7-10 books on the theme already packaged up by age level) and when you pick your selection up from our curbside delivery service, you'll also get a kit that contains everything you need to make this lovely craft! If you need enough for multiple children, just let us know!
Please click below to register. Call (413)583-3408 x2 to schedule your curbside delivery appointment.
Send a Flat "You" to Arizona for Spring Break!
Don't you wish you could have a traveling adventure on April break? How would a vacation to sunny Arizona sound?
The Hubbard Library can't send you there, but we've done the next best thing - we have partnered with the Parker Public Library in Parker, AZ for a Flat Stanley Exchange Program! Taking inspiration from Jeff Brown's beloved Flat Stanley stories, we will send flat friends made by Ludlow kids to the library in Parker Arizona, who will send them home with their patrons to take part in the family's adventures and activities. They'll send flat friends here for you to show around Ludlow and have adventures with!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Pick up a flat person kit and journal from the library between March 15th-April 2nd
- Design your flat person, and answers the questions in the journal about them
- Bring your flat person and journal back to the library by April 5th at the latest so they can be sent to Arizona
- Pick up your visiting flat friend from the library between April 14th-April17th
- Take them to all your favorite things and show them what its like to live in Ludlow, MA!
- Document your Arizona flat friend's adventures by taking photos and writing in their journal - we're hoping to post lots of photos on our Facebook page!
- Bring your Arizona flat friend back to the library between April 29th-31st so we can send them back home
- Pick up your own flat friend from the library on May 8th or later
(note: some dates are estimates and may vary depending on delivery from the US Postal Service)
9:30am - 10:00am
Grow, play and learn for little ones and their grown ups!
Come join us for stories, songs and skill building, led by an Early Childhood Developmental trained staff member, guiding caregivers in strengthening interactions with their child. Program happens via video conferencing and includes curriculum, Ages and Stages Questionnaire and resources to fit your child’s individual needs. For ages 18-36 months old.
Registration required each month, please click below to register. NOTE: You will be registering for the entire month, you don't need to re-register weekly!
Sponsored by Pathways for Parents CFCE.
3:30pm - 5:00pm
Meet up with other Minecrafters via Zoom (either with a 2nd device or split screen) to do multiplayer gaming either in creative or survival. Moderated by library staff. Please click below to register.
3:30pm - 5:00pm
WEEKLY MULTIPLAYER MINECRAFT CLUB!
Meet up with other players via Zoom to do all sorts of crafting -PVP, creative, survival - for 90 minutes of fun, moderated by Hubbard Library Youth Room staff!
Note: Switch users will not be able to do multiplayer gaming because Switch is not compatible with other systems.
Please click below to register.