Send a Flat "You" to Arizona for Spring Break!
Don't you wish you could have a traveling adventure on April break? How would a vacation to sunny Arizona sound?
The Hubbard Library can't send you there, but we've done the next best thing - we have partnered with the Parker Public Library in Parker, AZ for a Flat Stanley Exchange Program! Taking inspiration from Jeff Brown's beloved Flat Stanley stories, we will send flat friends made by Ludlow kids to the library in Parker Arizona, who will send them home with their patrons to take part in the family's adventures and activities. They'll send flat friends here for you to show around Ludlow and have adventures with!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Pick up a flat person kit and journal from the library between March 15th-April 2nd
- Design your flat person, and answers the questions in the journal about them
- Bring your flat person and journal back to the library by April 5th at the latest so they can be sent to Arizona
- Pick up your visiting flat friend from the library between April 14th-April17th
- Take them to all your favorite things and show them what its like to live in Ludlow, MA!
- Document your Arizona flat friend's adventures by taking photos and writing in their journal - we're hoping to post lots of photos on our Facebook page!
- Bring your Arizona flat friend back to the library between April 29th-31st so we can send them back home
- Pick up your own flat friend from the library on May 8th or later
(note: some dates are estimates and may vary depending on delivery from the US Postal Service)
9:30am - 10:00am
Grow, play and learn for little ones and their grown ups!
Come join us for stories, songs and skill building, led by an Early Childhood Developmental trained staff member, guiding caregivers in strengthening interactions with their child. Program happens via video conferencing and includes curriculum, Ages and Stages Questionnaire and resources to fit your child’s individual needs. For ages 18-36 months old.
Registration required each month, please click below to register. NOTE: You will be registering for the entire month, you don't need to re-register weekly!
Sponsored by Pathways for Parents CFCE.
3:30pm - 5:00pm
Meet up with other Minecrafters via Zoom (either with a 2nd device or split screen) to do multiplayer gaming either in creative or survival. Moderated by library staff. Please click below to register.
3:30pm - 5:00pm
WEEKLY MULTIPLAYER MINECRAFT CLUB!
Meet up with other players via Zoom to do all sorts of crafting -PVP, creative, survival - for 90 minutes of fun, moderated by Hubbard Library Youth Room staff!
Note: Switch users will not be able to do multiplayer gaming because Switch is not compatible with other systems.
Please click below to register.
6:45pm - 7:45pm
"London, 1940. Emmeline Lake is Doing Her Bit for the war effort, volunteering as a telephone operator with the Auxiliary Fire Services. When Emmy sees an advertisement for a job at the London Evening Chronicle, her dreams of becoming a Lady War Correspondent suddenly seem achievable. But the job turns out to be working as a typist for the fierce and renowned advice columnist, Henrietta Bird. Emmy is disappointed, but gamely bucks up and buckles down. Mrs. Bird is very clear: letters containing any Unpleasantness must go straight in the bin. But when Emmy reads poignant notes from women who may have Gone Too Far with the wrong men, or who can't bear to let their children be evacuated, she is unable to resist responding. As the German planes make their nightly raids, and London picks up the smoldering pieces each morning, Emmy secretly begins to write back to the readers who have poured out their troubles"-- Provided by publisher.
An e-book may be available here.